|Source:||EPA 1994 Toxics Release Inventory
Public Data Release, Box 4-1
The 33/50 Program achieved overall reductions of 50.7% in 1994, a full year ahead of the 1995 target date for a 50% reduction. All told, 757 million pounds of releases and transfers have been eliminated since the 1988 baseline year for the program.
Other notable 33/50 achievements include:
- The 1,300 companies participating in 33/50 are projecting continued reductions in 1995 and 1996.
- The 17 chemicals targeted by 33/50 have been reduced at nearly twice the rate of other TRI chemicals, since 1991 when the Program began.
- 33/50 participants have gone well beyond their commitments, achieving 50% more than the amount of reductions originally pledged to the program.
- 33/50 participants are achieving reductions at a much faster rate than other companies_50% vs. 30% from 1991 through 1994 and 60% vs. 35% since 1988.
- Overall generation of production-related waste for the 33/50 chemicals has declined slightly since 1991 and is projected to continue declining, even as waste for all other TRI chemicals increases.
- 33/50 chemicals are more frequently targeted for source reduction than other TRI chemicals.
Source: USEPA 1994 Toxics Release Inventory Public Data Release (EPA 745-R-96-002, June 1996).
About MapCruzin - Cookies, Privacy, Fair Use and Disclaimer - Advertise on MapCruzin.com
Website maintained by Michael R. Meuser
Copyright © 1996-2009 MapCruzin.com
All Rights Reserved
Visit us for Free GIS Maps and Resources